My name is Katrina Martin. I am a stay-at-home mom raising my two young sons in Western New York (think Niagara Falls, not New York City).
After being home on maternity leave for a couple of months with my second son, I decided to dive back into designing educational resources to make other busy teachers’ lives a little bit simpler! Now I’m a full-time curriculum creator and blogger.
Along the way, I started meeting other teacher-authors and now I help them in their creative processes, too!
Personally, I enjoy reading mysteries and thrillers, writing, watching television (Master Chef, Love It or List It, and This Is Us are my guilty pleasures), going for walks, cooking, baking, cheering for the Buffalo Bills, and staying up-to-date with the latest gadgets.
I was born and raised in Lockport, New York, but I currently live nearby in Sanborn with my super hot and supportive husband, Nick, our sons, Cameron and Tucker, and our pug, Lily.
- M.S.Ed., Curriculum and Instruction, Buffalo State College
- B.S., Childhood Education, Buffalo State College
- NYS Early Childhood Education, Birth to Grade 2
- NYS Childhood Education, Grades 1 to 6
- Early Childhood Curriculum Design
- Manipulative Use in Mathematics Instruction
- The Role of Social Media in Education
- Social Studies Literacy in Elementary Education
- Technology Integration in the Classroom
- Writer’s Workshop
- 1:1 Device Schools
- International Literacy Association
- Kappa Delta Pi
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Council for the Social Studies
- New York State Union of Teachers