So you have a blog… And you have a Pinterest account… But now you want to claim your website on your Pinterest account to further promote your brand and network. It can seem like a daunting task, especially if you’re not used to working with HTML or code. I’ve compiled a step-by-step process for you to follow to easily claim your website!
Click on the images to enlarge them and be sure to let me know if you have any additional questions about the process.
1. Go to settings in your Pinterest account. Click on “Claim” in the left sidebar or scroll down. Type in your web address and click on the red “Claim” button.
2. Pick claim option: “Add HTML tag.” Copy the text and then head over to your Blogger account.
3. From this screen, press the gray “Edit HTML” button underneath the preview of your blog.
4. Find <head> in the HTML code and paste the code from Pinterest after the “>” (pressing enter and pasting it on the next line works just fine). Click on the orange “Save theme” button on the top. (After this step, I always suggest people view their blogs to make sure nothing was inadvertently changed in the editing process.)
5. Go back to Pinterest, click “Next” and then “Submit.” I received my verification email (after doing this process again just now) in about two minutes.
Note: When your website is verified, you will have a little “verified site” symbol next to your site address on your Pinterest profile. It will let everyone know your site is claimed! Congrats!
I can only improve and help others with feedback, so please let me know if any of the steps were unclear or didn’t work for you! I’d be happy to provide additional assistance or add directions if something is confusing. Thanks so much for visiting!