I feel like I’ve always had benchmarks to refer to in terms of time passing. Many times, the benchmarks have been based on schools I’ve attended, graduating, et cetera, but sometimes they’re just based on life events.
Basically, I’ve broken my life down into these divisions:
- Before we moved to Lockport (I was only 2-1/2 years old, but I still refer to this time on occasion)
- Before I started school (again, still before I was 4-1/2, but still significant – my brother, Alex, was born; kids my age were in the house when my mom babysat)
- Elementary School Years
- Middle School Years
- High School Years
- College Years
- My “loser-on-a-beach” phase after I graduated college and took some time off from doing, well, pretty much anything. Ironically, I never went to the beach!
- When I was working for my family’s business (I didn’t think I was going to find a job teaching, so I decided instead of subbing, I would work for my parents for a while)
- When I moved out
- After I moved back home (I started subbing, tutoring, and got back on the teaching-track full force)
- When I was heavily focused on grad school
- When I graduated grad school and finally had time to enjoy life a little!
- When I started dating Nick
- When I moved in with Nick
- When Nick and I got engaged
- When Nick and I got married